Each subsidiary is a reliable partner in its field – whether it is shipbuilding or ship repair, manufacturing of high-technology equipment and sophisticated metal structures, rolled metal products and metalworking services, mechanical engineering, gases production and sale, scrap collection and processing, transport services, port and other services, real estate development.
The concern employs about 4 000 people.
For over 107 years concern does not stop there and keeps up with the times, constantly expanding its capabilities.
The foundation date of the company is June 12, 1912, when was decided to build the Russo-Baltic Shipbuilding Yard in Tallinn.
The site was chosen at Kopli peninsula in Tallinn, because it was less than five miles from the city, could be connected to the rail network and the left bank looked out onto the deep bay with easy access to the open sea. At that time there was no infrastructure at all – only forest and waste land. About 10,000 people were involved in the construction of the plant. In just three years the production facilities and slipways were ready, and in 1915 the first ship was launched – the destroyer “Gavriil (Gabriel)”.
The holding has a name BLRT Grupp since 2001.